Comprehensive Representation for Businesses and Individuals
Millin & Millin PLLC is composed of highly skilled lawyers who have combined their knowledge to focus on what they love: helping clients solve legal problems. The attorneys proudly take on the role of confidante, advisor, negotiator and litigator in order to secure the best possible outcome for their clients’ cases.
We take pride in aggressively handling a variety of civil litigation issues with an emphasis on addressing them quickly and assertively. We have extensive litigation experience and are prepared to guide you through every stage of the legal process.
We are dedicated to helping individuals and businesses address legal issues that can only be resolved through litigation. Our specialties span a wide range of practice areas and include:
- Insurance Bad Faith: Many insurers employ the business practice of refusing to fulfill contractual duties and responsibilities that they owe to a policyholder. We have gained a unique insight in handling hundreds of these kinds of disputes. If your insurance carrier fails to adequately pay, fails to properly investigate, or wrongfully denies your claim, you can count on us to fight for you. Whether the disputed claim arises from a property, health, life or auto policy, we have extensive knowledge about both your insurer’s obligations and the coverage to which you are entitled under your insurance policies.
- Construction Litigation: These disputes arise when a contractor fails to construct a building either in accordance with the plans and specifications or in compliance with industry standards and building codes. Claims can also arise if the design professionals involved, the architect and engineers, generate inadequate building plans or fail to adequately supervise the construction. If your builder has failed to construct your commercial building to your satisfaction and the company contracted to do the work does not remedy the defects, contact us. We understand the legal issues surrounding these disputes and can provide trusted advice to protect your interests.
- Commercial Litigation: The business world is riddled with disputes that arise between companies/businesses, or amongst owners or partners within a business. Often, these conflicts require a court’s swift and decisive intervention to maintain or obtain leverage in the eventual resolution phase. Our firm specializes in understanding your business and employing litigation strategies to obtain your objective in your commercial disputes with other businesses or business partners. As always, we are concerned with resolving these situations efficiently, quickly, and at the lowest cost to you.
- Personal Injury: If you have suffered physical pain and injury as a result of the carelessness of another person or a company, you are entitled to recover compensation from the responsible party and his or her insurance company. Our firm is experienced in handling the investigation of accidents in the following contexts: automobile collision, tractor-trailer collision, construction workplace injuries, and slip and fall. These types of accidents can sometimes have devastating consequences for the victim or his or her family. We have represented family members of loved ones who have unfortunately died as a result of the negligence of another, and have seen the seriously injured plagued by overwhelming medical costs associated with the past and future treatment of our client. Regardless of the scenario, we will advocate on your behalf to help seek the compensation you need and deserve.
- Products Liability: Products with manufacturing or design defects have the potential to cause bodily harm or property damage. Our lawyers handled cases involving products as varied a step stools, insulin pumps, and automobiles. In each case, we investigated the accident thoroughly, employed the best experts in the field of design or manufacture of each product, and resolved the case to our clients satisfaction. If you or a loved one suffered injuries as a result of a defective or malfunctioning product, we will hold the negligent party accountable for your pain, suffering and losses.
- Employment Litigation: Any workplace can be a potential trigger for litigation. Federal and state laws strictly prohibit employers or their supervisors from discriminating against an employee. This can be in the form of harassment, demotion, or wrongful termination. If you or a family member has suffered from such conduct, or have not been paid regular or overtime wages, contact us. We have a proven track record of protecting the rights of Texas workers.
- Real Estate Litigation: We have a wealth of experience in dealing with a broad range of legal issues concerning the real estate industry in the Rio Grande Valley. Whether it is a dispute over ownership, a wrongful cloud on your title, or a closing gone bad, if you are dealing with a problematic real estate transaction, we can help.
- Probate Litigation: A number of conflicts can arise when a loved one passes on, leaving surviving family members to handle the distribution of assets and inevitable conflict that ensues. Protect your family’s inheritance by consulting with Millin & Millin.
Let Us Protect Your Rights
At Millin & Millin, we understand that your legal issues require expert representation and can offer individuals and businesses extensive legal support when they need it most. From the outset of the litigation process, we will work closely with you to ensure your rights are protected and that your best interests are served. Visit our office in McAllen to find out how we can fight to resolve your civil litigation problems.